By accessing this Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms, regardless of whether or not you choose to subscribe to any of our updates or marketing materials, or otherwise register your details with us. If you do not accept these Terms or are under 18 years of age, then please do not use this Website. Loanpad may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the current Terms as they are binding on you.
1. WEBSITE ACCESS
1.1 Use of this Website
- 1.1.1 By accessing any part of this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full. If you do not accept these Terms or are under 18 years of age, you must leave the Website immediately.
- 1.1.2 This Website is directed to people residing in the UK. We do not represent that content available on or though this Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- 1.1.3 There may be certain areas of the Website that you may not access without registering. You must not attempt to access such areas of the Website without having provided the required registration details.
- 1.1.4 Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website.
1.2 Availability of access
- 1.2.1 Loanpad is under no obligation to ensure that the Website operates continuously and may suspend access to the Website temporarily or permanently without giving notice or reason.
- 1.2.2 Loanpad will aim to provide reasonable notice before access to the Website is suspended, although this does not constitute an obligation on Loanpad.
1.3 Changes to Website content
- 1.3.1 This Website displays information about companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, partnerships and sole traders offering investment opportunities.
- 1.3.2 Loanpad may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices that may be described on the Website, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and Loanpad makes no commitment to update such material. Information provided on the Website is for information purposes only.
2. RESTRICTIONS ON USERS
You must not:
2.1 attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any part of the Website;
2.2 transmit any material:
- 2.2.1 which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- 2.2.2 which is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, offensive, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy;
- 2.2.3 for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- 2.2.4 which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, could give rise to civil liability or is otherwise contrary to the law of, or infringes the rights of any third party in, the UK or any other country in the world;
2.3 decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble any part of the Website or its contents or any software used in connection with the Website;
2.4 misuse the Website by hacking, sending or distributing multiple unsolicited junk emails, messages or chain letters, or otherwise interfering with or disrupting the Website; or
2.5 use the Website for any commercial, profit-making or re-sale purposes, including the systematic extraction and/or re-utilisation of any part of the Website or its content.
3. PROVISION OF SERVICES
Any services provided by us (and any use of this Website by you to post or respond to funding proposals) will be governed by the Investor Terms and Conditions, in addition to these Terms. If, for any reason, there is a conflict between these Terms and the Investor Terms and Conditions, the Investor Terms and Conditions will prevail.
4. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
4.1 If you choose, or provided are with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
4.2 We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
4.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us. Our contact details are at Term 15 of these Terms.
5. WEBSITE CONTENT
5.1 While Loanpad endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, Loanpad does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. Loanpad may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the platform described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and Loanpad makes no commitment to update such material.
5.2 The material on this Website is provided "as is" and does not contain conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, Loanpad provides material on the Website on the basis that all Website content which might take effect as representations, warranties, conditions or other terms if it were not for this clause, are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
5.3 We do not give investment advice and nothing on our Website should be interpreted as advice a or recommendation in relation to any financial product or service whatsoever.
6.1 Any Software (including without limitation applications for mobile and other devices) that is made available for downloading from the Website is our copyrighted work or the copyrighted work of our licensors.
6.2 You must only use such Software according to these Terms. You are only authorised and will not be able to install any software unless you have agreed to be bound by these Terms.
6.3 Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software is not in accordance with these Terms and is expressly prohibited, and may result in civil or criminal sanction against you.
6.4 Except for the warranties expressed in these Terms, we disclaim all warranties, conditions or other terms (whether express or implied) with regard to the Software, including all implied warranties and conditions of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose.
7. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
7.1 Loanpad, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of Loanpad's group companies, as well as the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise in any way or in connection with:
- 7.1.1 this Website;
- 7.1.2 Software in relation to this Website;
- 7.1.3 the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website;
- 7.1.4 any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites;
- 7.1.5 your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website; or
- 7.1.6 viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Loanpad’s liability for:
- 7.2.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- 7.2.2 fraud; or
- 7.2.3 misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- 7.2.4 any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7.3 If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, no liability for such costs lies with us except for where such liability cannot be excluded under applicable law.
8.1 The Website may include information or materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users of our Website do not represent our views or values.
8.2 Whenever you make use of the Website or related Software, you warrant to us that any such contribution complies with acceptable use standards and would not give rise to criminal, civil or administrative sanctions. You warrant that you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of this warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
9. RULES ABOUT LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
9.1 You may link to our Website's homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Loanpad's reputation or take advantage of it.
9.2 You must not establish a link in such a way to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Loanpad where none exists. You must not establish a link on the Website to any other website that is not owned by you and does not comply with acceptable use standards or may result in criminal, civil or administrative sanctions.
9.3 Loanpad reserves the right to notify you of the withdrawal of linking permission without a notice period.
10. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
10.1 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by Loanpad or its licensors. Any use of extracts from the Website for any purpose is prohibited, other than in accordance with clause 6.2. If you breach any of the conditions in these Terms, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
10.2 No part of this Website may be reproduced or stored on any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Loanpad’s prior written permission.
10.3 Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
10.4 Loanpad logos are trademarks of Loanpad Limited or other entities in the same corporate group. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
10.5 All other trademarks appearing on the Website are the property of their respective owners. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
11. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
12. UPLOADING CONTENT TO THIS WEBSITE
12.1 Any content you upload or communication you post or transmit to us or this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
12.2 We reserve the right to monitor any content you upload or communication you post or transmit to this Website but we are under no obligation to do so. We assume no responsibility or liability arising from any content uploaded, posted or transmitted to the Website or for any inaccuracies contained in such content.
12.3 The content on our Website is for general information only in respect of the Platform. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of our Website.
12.4 We shall have the right at any time, and for any reason, to remove any uploaded content or communication you post or transmit to the Website.
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If we provide links to third party websites on our Website, they are provided solely for your convenience and the content of these websites will not have been reviewed by us. If you use these links, you leave our Website. We are not responsible for the content of such websites and therefore we do not endorse or make any representations about such content. If you access any third party website linked to our Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.